Prince Harry’s biographer blasts Duke for ‘deliberate affront’ to his family | royal | News

Almost a year after his death, a memorial has been held in remembrance of the late Duke of Edinburgh. The memorial service was held at Westminster Abbey. The Royal Family were present, but one family member was notably absent – Prince Harry, who now resides in the United States with his wife Meghan and their two children, Archie and Lilibet. His failure to attend the memorial service was widely criticized and was discussed by royal biographer Angela Levin, who appeared on GB News on Wednesday.

Ms Levin said: “He just had to come from the airport and go to where his grandmother was and be taken there.

“It’s a shame actually.”

Neither the Duke nor Duchess of Sussex released a statement ahead of the memorial service.

Although no statement was released, the stated reason for his absence was due to security concerns.

Ms Levin, speaking on that reason, said: “You saw royals from Europe and elsewhere, and yet he felt he wouldn’t be safe.

“That’s absolute nonsense.”

READ MORE: Royal row: Prince Andrew sparks fierce conflict with Queen – Charles and William unhappy

Host Eammon Holmes points out that he could have “purchased his own safety, despite being unarmed, or he could have used his father’s or brother’s safety”.

He noted that Prince Charles and Prince William would have been “very happy to kiss her”.

Ms Levin concluded by calling the decision not to attend the memorial “deliberate” against the family.

The Duke of Sussex is in conflict with the UK government over security concerns and has in the past raised concerns.

Harry has previously said it would be dangerous for him and his family to return to the UK without police protection officers present.

READ MORE: Princess Charlotte melts hearts as she shares adorable interaction with Mia Tindall

Despite past fears that she could not attend due to ongoing health issues, the Queen arrived accompanied by her and the Duke’s second son, Prince Andrew.

The 95-year-old monarch only confirmed her attendance at the Thanksgiving service shortly before it began.

Other attendees included Prince Charles, Charles’ wife Camilla, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The Cambridges were joined at the service by their two eldest children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

About Cody E. Vaughn

Check Also

Biographer of Ukraine famine reporter acknowledges bravery – Kyiv Post

The name of Gareth Jones, the journalist who exposed the Ukrainian famine of 1932-33, also …